Every year – well to be honest this is the first – I make my bold predictions of what the future will hold in the M2M space, and what I have learned from the past year as it relates to the M2M space. Here’s this year’s Top 10 List:
- Cisco will exit the M2M space, after realizing that it’s not big enough for them to care about.
- Carriers will stop acting like carriers and try to emulate Cisco, and the market will think it’s an improvement.
- My beloved Patriots will win the Super Bowl in a snowstorm 42-0 over the Seahawks (this is the only one I will stick by).
- Services will still not make money in 2014.
- Wipro will have more people in their booth at MWC than there are attendees at the show.
- CES will become the most important M2M show as CTIA dithers on deciding what it wants to be.
- The rest of the world will appreciate how business is run in the USA and decide to follow that model.
- China will outsource labour to Vietnam where it is dramatically cheaper to find workers.
- World peace.
- I will realize the only two things that are certain in M2M for 2014…