Novotech Technologies is dedicated to providing our customers with the best service possible. The answers to the questions below should help you find what you need to know, but if you need additional assistance, please feel free to Contact Us.
Are shipping fees included in Novotech’s pricing?
Shipping fees are NOT included in Novotech’s pricing – fees are based on the dollar amount of your order. You also have the option to ship via your own courier account.
Can I ship with my own Courier Company?
Yes, simply check “Use own courier” from shipping options during the checkout process.
Ship Complete vs Ship Partial - How do they compare?
Ship Complete ensures all order items are shipped at once in their entirety. This is typically the most cost-effective option and timing will depend on item availability.
Ship Partial ensures all in-stock order items are shipped at the earliest opportunity, and out-of-stock items awaiting inventory will be shipped at a later date(s). This option may be more costly given multiple shipments could result in additional shipping charges.
Do you ship internationally?
Yes, but for international shipments, you, the customer, need to provide your own courier account.
Is there a restocking fee for refusals of shipments from Novotech?
Refusals of shipments sent from Novotech may be assessed a twenty five percent (25%) restocking fee plus the difference between current market cost and the cost of invoice date, in addition to all freight and insurance charges.
I don't see the product I am interested in. Does that mean it's not available through Novotech?
The selection of products in our online store represents a selection of the most commonly purchase products from our company. If you don't see the product you are interested in, please call 1-800-268-8628 and asked to speak to a sales person.
How do I purchase products from Novotech?
To purchase products from Novotech, you have five options:
- Open a Novotech account: To open a Novotech account, please complete the appropriate
credit application form (Canada or US) to apply for Net 30 credit terms. The application process may take up to three (3) days to complete. If you have any questions, please call 1-800-268-8628.
- Pay by Credit Card: To arrange for credit card payment, please call 1-800-268-8628.
- Request a Bank Transfer: To arrange for credit card payment, please call 1-800-268-8628.
- Register an online account and shop on our online store.
- Shop anonymously on our online store.
Why was my credit card declined online? What should I do?
Sometimes an online order may be cancelled or unable to process because your credit card is declined. If your credit card transaction is declined, it is advisable to call your credit card issuer or financial institution and check with them for the cause. Only your credit card issuer or financial institution can confirm the specific reason for a declined credit card. In most cases, it is a fraudulent issue and the problems can be resolved on the phone. Possible reasons your credit card was declined include:
1. You have exceeded the maximum number of transaction attempts. As a security precaution to protect you from theft and fraud, your transaction will be declined if you exceed six (6) failed attempts.
2. Your transaction appears suspicious or possibly fraudulent. A '693' decline code is a general declined response for transactions that are blocked by the bank that issued your card. Due to the increase in fraudulent credit card sales (especially Internet orders), banks are being very cautious when a sale appears "out of the ordinary".
3. Unusual Activity. If the type, location or dollar amount of the transaction you have attempted to make is unusual and “out of character” for you, it could be an indication that someone else is attempting to use your card and the transaction will be declined for suspicion of fraud.
4. The credit card number or expiry date was incorrect when you tried to purchase on Novotech.com.
5. The billing address, zip/postal code, or card verification code does not match what your credit card company or financial institution have on file.
6. You have insufficient funds on your credit card.
7. You have exceeded your credit card’s daily spending limit. These limits are set by the credit card company and vary widely from one company to the next.
8. As a security measure, some credit card companies reject transactions when a large number of online purchases are attempted within a short time. This may occur if you’ve ordered multiple products from multiple vendors.
9. Some credit card companies reject international charges as a security measure. Novotech is located in Canada and uses credit card processing services located in the US and Canada.
10. Technical issues originating with your financial institution or credit card company, or with Novotech or our credit card processing services, can occasionally result in a declined card.
How do I request a quote from Novotech?
There are three ways to request a quote from Novotech:
- Complete the online “Request a quote” form
- Call 1-800-268-8628
- Email email@example.com
- Can someone help me find the right M2M product or solution for me?
Novotech has a team dedicated to helping you find the right M2M product or solution. To contact one of our experts, call 1-800-268-8628 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Does Novotech have a standard warranty for the products I buy?
The products that Novotech sells are warranted by their respective manufacturers and therefore the length of a warranty term may differ between product models. For details, refer to our RMA Process.
My product doesn’t seem to be working properly. How do I get technical support?
If your product exhibits signs of failure, you can contact our Technical Support to verify product failure. The preferred method is to email the necessary information and details of the problem to Support@Novotech.com.
What happens if the Novotech Support Representative can't fix my problem?
If the Novotech Support Representative can't correct the problem and determines that the problem is the result of product failure covered under the product’s warranty policy, then an RMA Number will be issued upon completion of the RMA Request Form.
How do I submit an RMA?
All RMA requests are to be submitted with an RMA Request Form.
What happens after I submit the RMA?
A confirmation that the RMA request has been received will be provided by close of business the following business day, 5:00 PM Eastern time. However, Novotech will not provide the RMA number and authorize the return of the product until the manufacturer has confirmed the item is still under warranty. The manufacturer may make suggestions to fix the identified problems, and/or provides an authorization for the return.
The RMA number will be provided by email. The email will include packaging and shipping instructions and the assigned RMA number. The RMA number must be clearly marked on the packaging when the product is returned.
Are there specific packaging guidelines I should follow when returning product to Novotech?
Original packaging should be used if available to minimize the potential for shipment damage. Module products must be enclosed in an antistatic bag to avoid ESD (electrostatic discharge) damage.
For module products or small peripheral items generally weighing less than 5 lbs. (2 Kgs), the customer should use appropriate packing materials that provide a minimum 2" (5 cm) of foam or similar padding protection for all surfaces of the contents.
Items weighing more than 5 lbs (2Kgs) must be shipped in original or equivalent packaging.
If items are damaged during return shipment it will be left to Novotech’s discretion to determine whether or not the product is repairable. Damaged product will not be repaired under the product warranty. Prior to any out-of-warranty repairs being made, the customer will be contacted to authorize any repairs, approve the applicable charges and specify the appropriate payment method.
Please follow these guidelines when returning product to Novotech:
- Use the products original packaging if available
- Ship the RMA items via traceable means to the below address
- Write the RMA number on the outside surface of each return package
- Write RMA number on the Air Waybill or Shipper
- Allow a minimum of 90 business days Turn-Around-Time after receipt of RMA by Novotech.
Please note the timing of the return is dependent on where the manufacturer's products must ultimately be returned to. In some cases it is overseas.
Where should I ship products related to an RMA?
Unless otherwise specified on the RMA confirmation, all returns will be sent as follows:
In the U.S. all RMA packages should be shipped to:
Novotech Technologies – RMA#
835 Commerece Park Drive
Ogdensburg, NY 13669
In Canada all RMA packages should be shipped to:
Novotech Technologies – RMA#
57 Iber Road, Unit 2
Ottawa ON K2S 1E7
International RMA packages (from outside North America) should be shipped to:
Novotech Technologies – RMA#
57 Iber Road, Unit 2
Ottawa ON K2S 1E7
Are there any specific requirements related to how I ship RMA product to Novotech?
All RMA returned items must be sent via traceable means, such as UPS, FedEx, Purolator or DHL. Be sure to retain the tracking information for your records. The customer is responsible for the product until it is received by Novotech. Novotech is liable for the returned item upon receipt of shipment.
Is there a deadline to submit RMA products once the initial claim is completed?
If Novotech has not received the RMA requested items from the customer within thirty (30) days of the RMA assignment date, the RMA will be closed. Novotech will not accept any packages without an open, valid RMA number appearing on at on the outside of the box/packaging and reference to the RMA number on the shipper or air way-bill.
Only the specific items listed on the RMA will be accepted. Any other items will be returned to the customer at customer’s expense. After return shipment of a repaired/replacement part to the customer, Novotech will close the RMA.
Who is responsible for RMA shipping charges?
The customer is responsible for paying shipment charges when returning the product to Novotech. Novotech will pay for shipment of the repaired items back to the customer, unless otherwise specified during the RMA process, for example on a DOA expedited return. Novotech ships all domestic RMA repaired items by UPS or Purolator Ground (5-7 business days).
What is the RMA turnaround time?
Standard: Generally within ninety (90) business days after receipt of returned parts, the repaired or re-placement item will be ready for return shipment. This is dependent on the manufacturer’s location, and policy.
DOA Expedited: Within ten (10) days of purchase, Dead-on-Arrival (DOA) parts will be replaced within two (2) working days from receipt of returned DOA parts, provided Novotech has product in stock available to ship. Note: DOA products must be confirmed with Support@Novotech.com prior to the RMA process.
What if my returned product is deemed to be non-defective (i.e. damaged or misused)?
Upon testing, if the product is found to be operational, then the product will be considered non-defective and the customer will be responsible for all shipping charges incurred during the RMA process.
All items returned under an RMA will be repaired, or at the manufacturer’s option replaced with either new or factory refurbished parts. If a returned product is determined to be damaged or misused, it will be handled according to the out-of-warranty policy. All repaired or replacement parts will have successfully passed the appropriate manufacturing quality assurance test procedures. These are the same tests that are utilized to verify "new build" parts by the manufacturers. Out-of-Warranty repaired items will carry a warranty as specified by the manufacturer.
What happens if my product warranty period is expired or my product is deemed to be damaged or misused?
An out-of-warranty product may be repaired or replaced with new or refurbished parts for a fee dependent on the manufacturer’s policies for that particular product. Products that have been damaged or misused may be deemed non-repairable at the manufacturer’s determination, and Novotech will in turn provide that information as provided by the manufacturer to the customer.
Out-of-warranty repaired or replaced items will carry the warranty specified by the manufacturer.
All shipping costs for out-of-warranty repaired and/or replaced items are the responsibility of the customer.
What are the repair or replacement fees for out-of-warranty products?
Fees for all out-of-warranty products to be repaired or replaced will be determined by the manufacturer. Issuing an RMA for any product does not guarantee that the product can or will be repaired/replaced.
What are my payment options for out-of-warranty repairs?
- On your Novotech account
- By Visa or MasterCard
- Via Wire Transfer